Saturday, June 4, 2011

Post-Cabaret

There are times when I realize that another step is about to happen. I know that I love the people that I am around. But the problem is now wondering how my relationships with them will turn out as the future progresses. If you didn't get to see my cabaret performance, I had a set that centered around growing up. It was really meaningful to me because the evening was not only about the songs that I was singing and entertaining the audience and doing something that I love, but it was also a step in the direction of growing up. I don't get to have that outlet that often, and to be able to express myself in that way was such an amazing experience. But now that it is over, I am realizing that real life still continues. And it is now time to realize that regardless of what I want, I have to grow up. It may not be a revelation of importance to most, but it is still a huge step in my life that I am still trying to come to grips with. And for one who hates veering from the status quo, I don't like change. I don't like knowing that it will be nearly impossible to see some of my friends for a long period of time. To know that some I may never see again. To know that some that I hold on to so closely will distance because of life. And I know that life is like that. We all must grow up. We all will lose friends that we have come close with. And I hate that. I know that it is easier now that there is things like facebook and networking of the like to keep in touch with friends, but distance and life still kill so many friendships that it hurts. It really does. So as I am sitting down at a party, I would like to thank everybody in my life for their friendship. I know that your kindness and love have helped push me along in my life, and I wouldn't be where I am now without you all. And I know I am not good at holding on to connections. And I am awkward sometimes at these these things. But regardless of where in life I knew you, I love you all and wish you everything in life. Because every one of you helped me become the person I am now. And I am so grateful and blessed for knowing each and everyone of you.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I know what you are saying, it happens to all of us at some point. It's sad but it is the way life is. You'll always have a spot in our hearts if the time comes that we never meet again, you'll always be the subject of great memories in our heads, and you'll always be dearly loved.

    ReplyDelete